The Account Manager, Biotech Segment is responsible for the sales of scientific products and services within a defined segment/territory, serving customers engaged in research, development, and production within the Biotech segment. The Account Manager maintains effective customer relations, develops opportunities for growth within an existing customer base, and assures market penetration and profitability while achieving sales and profit forecasts.
• Work to drive Biotech specific product sales, to support supplier partnerships and actively promote core products and value added services.
• Develop and maintain a rounded understanding of the sales positioning of Thermo Fisher Scientific and its products specific to your market segment. Using this knowledge, effectively leverage the strengths and breadth of the organization by building and maintaining an effective network of connections within the Thermo Fisher Scientific organization.
• Effectively communicate the segment-adapted Thermo Fisher value proposition to key stakeholders.
• Achieve or exceed sales and margin targets for your designated territory.
• Develop and execute a strategic and tactical sales plan for your specified territory to ensure revenue and gross margin objectives are met by using company defined financial models.
• Maintain effective customer relationships and assure continued market penetration and profitability by making in depth calls to end user and purchasing contacts.
• Use communication and influencing skills to effectively utilize internal resources and maximize selling time.
• Inform customers of supply and price trends and assist in inventory control.
• Manage pricing within territory to optimize profitability
• Work to drive product sales to support supplier partnerships and actively promote core products and value added services.
• Work closely with fellow sales team members within the customer.
• Execute account strategies for Program Accounts as communicated by Key Account Managers and for Non-Program accounts as determined by you and your Regional Segment Manager.
• Identify and satisfy customer requirements and meet the needs of valued business opportunities.
• Provide feedback using verbal and written reporting tools to the business on customers, competitor activity, promotions etc, to agreed timescales and in agreed format as directed by your Regional Segment Manager.
• Comply with deadlines on required elements of personal administration including, but not limited to maintenance of the sales force automation system (Salesforce.com), personal expenses and mileage capture for company car drivers. Ensure detail is accurate, provided in accordance with company procedures and on time.
• Establish relationships with key suppliers and negotiate improved terms as and when possible to increase profitability to the company.
• Review, maintain and manage compliance to key performance indicators. To include, but not limited to, sales performance, call planning, call rate and opportunity management and follow up.
• Maintain a high level of business knowledge relevant to the region managed including competitor activity.
• Leverage SalesForce.com to develop the territory pipeline and optimize territory coverage.
• Comply with deadlines on required elements of personal administration including, but not limited to maintenance of a sales force automation solution and expenses.
• Demonstrable sales experience, preferably in the research laboratory industry particularly where there is a sound understanding of the current marketplace for laboratory equipment, consumables and/or chemicals.
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in the sciences or equivalent work experience.
• Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication, and presentation skills
• Computer proficiency in MS Office and the Web along with use of sales force software
• Must possess the organizational skills to multi-task and meet deadlines as needed
• Strong industry, pharmaceutical and science background preferred
• Full driver’s license and must be able and willing to travel up to 80% of the time to customer locations and attend regional as well as national meetings
• Fluent in Dutch and English (Written and spoken )
• Good organizational/team work, time management, communication, presentation, strategic selling and negotiating skills.
• Confident personality, able to effectively engage with customers across a range of settings including one-to-one meetings, exhibitions and formal presentations, across all sectors in which we operate.
• This Role operates within a Matrix environment requiring the post holder to work effectively with multiple stakeholders, to manage both competing requirements and concurrent project activity.
• Effectively perform your duties while acting at all times in accordance with the Dignity at Work Policy, Code of Business Conduct and Ethics and our values of Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement.
• You are required to be smartly presented at all times and have a professional approach when dealing with customers and key stakeholders.