Project / Program Manager EDS Spectroscopy (R&D)
The R&D Department Image Acquisition & Detection (IA&D) is responsible for the image acquisition and detection platform as integral part of Transmission Electron Microscope (TEM) systems. This platform integrates the different detection and image acquisition techniques used in TEM (imaging, EDS, STEM, EELS, etc.). In addition, it provides real time data processing capability and enables advanced user experiences, reduced time to information and increased ease of use.
The Project / Program Manager EDS Spectroscopy is responsible for managing the activities of cross-functional R&D and engineering disciplines in the achievement of robust, industry-leading products.
The principal focus of this role is managing the successful execution of development projects covering EDS spectroscopy modules. The development projects extend towards all aspects of the subsystem, both HW & SW design, implementation, system integration and test according to customer specifications, industrialization and ramp-up. Project execution takes place in a strong cooperation with our partners and suppliers.
Key interactions will be required with various groups (i.e., marketing, internal and external subsystem vendors, mechanical, electrical, applications).
Duties and responsibilities
• Manage the development and delivery of EDS spectroscopy modules and sub-systems in line with the module / technology roadmap
• Adherence to the Project Management Processes and defined delivery schedules.
• Adherence to the engineering budgeting process by providing financial/budgetary analysis and recommendations for projected systems development/design, enhancements/upgrades and manpower, and steering project execution within these budgets
• Implement rigorous review processes and set clear expectations around the key deliverables of the project.
• Effectively negotiate engineering requirements with cross-functional teams including marketing, manufacturing and field service.
• Analyze how key modules can be designed for and reused in next-generation products and influence development processes along these lines.
• Contribute to quality improvement and COGS reduction by conducting relevant analytical procedures and recommendations.
• Leading and motivating cross-functional teams for the given projects.
The successful candidate will possess the following combination of education and experience:
• Typically requires a University Degree in Physics, Engineering or related discipline.
• Typically requires 7-10 years of work experience, of which you have worked in an R&D environment.
• 5+ years proven experience in systems or subsystems project management
• Experience in managing system engineering projects in close cooperation with partners and suppliers with complex mechanical, electrical and further increasing SW content.
• Demonstrated ability to manage complex engineering projects through a defined product management process.
• Ability to build consensus among key stakeholders that may not be under your management control.
• Strong communication ability is required due to the cross-functional nature of this role. An ability to communicate complex technical concepts to a variety of audiences is helpful in this role.
• Ability to manage and assign specific duties, and create a constructive and cooperative working relationship.
• Ability to excel in a dynamic and adopting environment characterized by high innovation speed, short time to market and fast ramp-up.
• Experience in the field of energy dispersive x-ray spectroscopy (EDS) is an advantage but not a requirement.
We seek candidates that take initiative, are self-steering, self-confident and conceptual thinkers. Outside of excellent communicator, you’re a team player and can switch easily to any level in our organization. You have perseverance, are decisive and target driven with a proven quality-, cost- and time-focus. You combine a strong analytical view with a pragmatic attitude and are able to flex yourself in a dynamic product development environment. You are value oriented and able to set and act according priorities at the same time.