The Software Engineer will be part of a quality-driven team in the Image Acquisition and Detection Software group. The group develops acquisition, control, and data processing production software in a multi-disciplinary setup, across multiple international development sites.
You will be part of the imaging and acquisition camera team of approximately 9 engineers, working closely with system architects, and the various other hardware and software teams.
You will be working in a friendly, helpful team, and together you will be solving challenging problems.
You will be responsible for new feature developments, maintaining and improving of the existing software platform as called Camera and Acquisition Pipeline Platform (CAPP). The work requires understanding of hardware capabilities, FPGA algorithm, embedded software and the application software.
But don't worry, you will still have time to socialize and take part in our company events, where you can integrate with your colleagues and managers.
Furthermore you will work on efficient inter-process data-transport, improving test coverage, code-quality and improving the architecture. The work requires understanding of software engineering, mathematics and the application software.
We are looking for engineers eager to learn our complex codebase, want to understand the science required and implement the image pipeline and control in product quality code.
The ideal candidate enjoys working in a multi-disciplinary technical environment to solve complex technical problems. The successful candidate will possess the following combination of education and experience:
• Requires a MSc degree in Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or related technical discipline.
• 3+ years’ experience in development of high-performance embedded control and pipeline software, for real-time devices
• A strong background in software engineering and efficient maintainable control implementations.
• Preference for development experience in highly-integrated, high-performance systems used in semiconductor capital equipment or related industries. At a minimum, development experience with medium sized software applications.
• Must demonstrate clear ability to develop effective integration software for complex, high-performance subsystems and components, in a multi-disciplinary environment.
• Strong modern C++ skills (including C++11/14/17 and multi-threaded programming)
• Knowledge of a scripting language preferable Python.
• Experienced in the use of TDD and unit testing (Google Mock)
Further preference given for hands on experience with one or more of the following areas:
• Image pipeline processing and control software experiences
• Strong background in and affinity with electronics, deeply embedded and embedded software further more willing to use a logic analyzer or oscilloscope while developing software for debug purpose
• Source control management (Git)
• Experience with C++ and Python
• Team player with good natural interpersonal communications skills are required due to the high degree of interaction and collaboration
• Strong analytical view in combined with a pragmatic attitude (flexibility)
• Value orientation, getting to the essence, setting and acting according to priorities
• Result orientation, showing initiative and self-organizing, good time and priority management skills
• Thinking ahead and making architectures which are fit for future & maintainable
• About our site in Eindhoven: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHAOae3AMPc
• Corporate organization https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABSxT6Y099I
• Inside the Titan Transmission Electron Microscope https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wEmsDh_l_A
• How to make a microscope https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9W6J_f4yVVg
Thermo Fisher Scientific acquired FEI Company in September of 2016 as a part of the Analytical Instruments Group (AIG) in the newly-formed Materials and Structural Analysis Division (MSD).
Analytical Instruments Group – Materials & Structural Analysis Division
Our Thermo Scientific brand in the analytical instruments group offers customers in research, academic, industrial and applied markets a complete range of high-end analytical instruments as well as laboratory equipment, software and services. In the materials and structural analysis division we design, manufacture, and support the broadest range of high-performance microscopy workflows that provide images and answers in the micro-, nano-, and picometer scales. Combining hardware and software expertise in electron, ion, FTIR, NIR, NMR UV/VIS and light microscopy with deep application knowledge in the materials science, life sciences, electronics, and natural resources markets. Our worldwide team of 4,600 employees is dedicated to customers’ pursuit accelerating innovation and driving productivity.