Software Engineer (C++)
How you’ll make an impact
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals. You will contribute to a safer, healthier and cleaner world.
What you’ll do
As a Software Engineer you will be part of a quality-driven team in the Image Acquisition and Detection Software group for our Electron Microscopes. The group develops acquisition, control, and data processing production software in a multi-disciplinary setup, across multiple international development sites.
You will be part of a team of approximately 5-8 software engineers, working closely with system architects, and the various hardware and software teams.
• Your main goal is to constantly improve the image accuracy and quality that we can achieve by controlling detectors and cameras in our electron microscopes.
• You will be responsible for developing clean and maintainable software, mainly in C++ on Windows OS, with a small addition of C# for user interfacing and Python language for test automation.
• A part of the role is also to work on maintenance and improvement of our existing code base.
• You will be working in an Agile team
How you’ll get here
If you recognize yourself in the profile, do not hesitate to apply:
• Bachelor or MSc degree in Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or related technical discipline
• 3+ years of experience in software development, preferably in high-tech organization
• Preferably software development experience in highly integrated, high-performance systems. At a minimum, development experience with medium sized software applications is required.
• Strong C++ skills, affinity with C# programming language
• Knowledge of a scripting language such as Python
• Experience in the use of Test Driven Development and unit testing
• Awareness of the software development life cycle and ability to understand and act accordingly for every part of it
• Image alignment, processing or acquisition experience
• Knowledge of network and computing architecture
• Interest in science
• Team player with good interpersonal communication, stakeholder management and collaboration skills
• Ability to be flexible in your attitude, open to learning from your colleagues
• Good time and priority management skills
• Being proactive and initiate supporting others when needed
• About our site in Eindhoven: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHAOae3AMPc
• Corporate organization https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABSxT6Y099I
• Inside the Titan Transmission Electron Microscope https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wEmsDh_l_A
• How to make a microscope https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9W6J_f4yVVg
Thermo Fisher Scientific acquired FEI Company in September of 2016 as a part of the Analytical Instruments Group (AIG) in the newly-formed Materials and Structural Analysis Division (MSD).
Analytical Instruments Group – Materials & Structural Analysis Division
Our Thermo Scientific brand in the analytical instruments group offers customers in research, academic, industrial and applied markets a complete range of high-end analytical instruments as well as laboratory equipment, software and services. In the materials and structural analysis division we design, manufacture, and support the broadest range of high-performance microscopy workflows that provide images and answers in the micro-, nano-, and picometer scales. Combining hardware and software expertise in electron, ion, FTIR, NIR, NMR UV/VIS and light microscopy with deep application knowledge in the materials science, life sciences, electronics, and natural resources markets. Our worldwide team of 4,600 employees is dedicated to customers’ pursuit accelerating innovation and driving productivity.