When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. As part of a successful, growing global organization you will be encouraged to perform at your best. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Location/Division Specific Information
The Groningen site is a multi-product and multi-client biopharmaceutical site with development and manufacturing facilities for pharmaceutical products for clinical trials (phase 1, 2 and 3) and commercial production.
How will you make an impact?
Ensure that all mission critical process equipment/systems remain continuously ready for safe, effective, efficient, and compliant operations. Establish and streamline practices around equipment and/or facility specification, design, start-up, and commissioning & qualification
What will you do?
• Technical support with respective “Mission Critical” equipment/system/facility area.
• Assist in driving equipment capabilities and capacity to realize the site’s growth trajectory.
• Supports with building business cases for new capital projects utilizing payback modeling.
• Drive of Lean Manufacturing principles • System and field device troubleshooting and testing.
• Operate against an equipment/facility roadmap.
• Maintain the equipment compliance posture (Safety, Health, cGMP, BioSafety, Waste), predominantly focused around automated systems.
• Work with the Process Engineering department to support the facility fit analysis of new production processes.
• Conduct all activities in accordance with cGMP and EH&S.
• Ensure all equipment systems remain continuously ready for safe, effective, efficient, and compliant operations • Actively supports in driving innovation and operational effectiveness.
• Contribute to equipment and space roadmap to support the site master plan.
How will you get here?
• Bachelor’s degree Engineering (electrical, automation, or process engineering preferred)
• Equipment/facilities/systems engineering experience in Pharmaceuticals is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
• Technical expertise in one or more of the following “Mission Critical” Equipment/System areas:
– Upstream Processing (USP)
– Downstream Processing (DSP)
– Laboratory & Analytical Instruments (LAI)
– Medias, Buffers & Support (MBS)
– Architectural, Facilities & Warehouse (AFW)
– Plant & Clean Utilities (PCU)
• Equipment and Systems Roadmap
• GMP and non-GMP change control, maintaining regulatory compliance.
• Equipment specification, design, start-up, commissioning & qualification practice.
• Root cause investigations and troubleshooting.
• Lean manufacturing principles.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.